You strive to take care of your family to the best of your ability, but what about you? Did you know that regular wellness and pampering could have a positive impact on your health? Doctors have known for years the toll stress can take on a body. Chronic stress can have devastating effects on health, causing many diseases, such as stroke and heart disease.
Understanding the importance and power of self-care is critical to you living a healthy life. Of course, the normal everyday activities, such as eating healthy, getting adequate sleep, and exercising all contribute to living a healthy life, but what about pampering yourself?
It is important that you spend time caring for your needs, so you will be able to care for your family. Take time, daily if you are able, to pamper and care for yourself. Here are a few easy ways you can pamper yourself:
- Keep fresh flowers at your desk or in your home. Fresh flowers will make you feel warm and calm. You will feel special every time you look at them.
- Sit to read your favorite book or magazine, with lit candles around you or outside in your favorite spot.
- Take a bubble bath. Play some soothing spa music and light a few candles. This is calming and relaxing.
- Buy yourself a luxurious bathrobe or towel to use every morning. This will help ease the stress you feel before your day starts.
- Talk a walk during your lunch break or even invite a friend for a stroll. Enjoy the outside and conversation.
- Schedule a “me” day at least once a month. Get a massage, facial, pedicure, or whatever makes you feel good.
- Go to the movies by yourself. Enjoy the time watching something you want to watch.
- Get a free makeover at the makeup counter of your favorite store. Let them pamper and spoil you with a new look.
- Take a quick cat-nap to recharge your batteries.
- Indulge on your favorite dessert or dish. Get your favorite for you – no sharing allowed!
- If you enjoy shopping, go shopping. Make sure the shopping trip is for you – not household shopping!
The key to wellness through pampering, is to find what you enjoy and do it as frequently as you can. By indulging in you, you are practicing self-care that will help relieve stress and make you feel happier and healthier. You take care of everyone else, now it is time to take care of yourself too!
Copyright: <a href=’http://www.123rf.com/profile_ehaurylik’>ehaurylik / 123RF Stock Photo