The time is here to focus on supporting the immune system for the cold and flu season ahead. In my last post I provided some old tricks to support the body naturally and enhance the functioning of the immune system. Today I will provide some information on a few supplements that are particularly beneficial to you and your family during cold and flu season.
How To Increase Immunity Naturally
- Deep Immune liquid by St. Francis for adults or Deep Immune KIDS for children to support healthy immune function. These are made up of Chinese herbs and have been proven to be effective at boosting immune function in both clinical and laboratory work. The primary purpose of Deep Immune is to improve immune system function and decrease the tendency of frequent colds, flu and infection.
- Vitamin D3 liquid – research continues to show that vitamin D supplementation is better at preventing the flu than the flu shot http://www.naturalnews.com/029760_vitamin_D_influenza.html
- Omega 3 fatty acids are necessary for normal immune function. Omega 3 fatty acids can be found in flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, fatty fish, cod liver oil supplements, fish oil supplements and algae supplements.
- Probiotics (good bugs for your gut) taken daily will support immune health. Up to 80% of the immune system is in the gut, providing good bugs daily will help the body and immune system function optimally.
- Antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, glutathione, and zinc are important for immune health. Providing your body with nourishment from real foods, with vibrant colours and avoiding processed packaged foods will help you to meet the need for these antioxidants from your diet.
These are just a few supplements we have in our “prevent the cold and flu” campaign in our home.
If you have any specific health issues, concerns, questions or disease/diagnoses, please consult your health care provider, Naturopathic Doctor or Holistic Nutritionist to help you customize a plan to meet the individual needs of you and your family.
What tricks or supplements are in your family’s “prevent the cold and flu” campaign this year?