Who of us doesn’t need to be a little more organized? I know I’m always looking for new tips on how to better manage my life. Here are six of my best tips for busy moms that will help with the organization of your life to save time and reduce stress!
1. Make a list. Break each task on the list into smaller tasks so they’re easier to accomplish. This way it doesn’t seem overwhelming and you’ll be crossing things off your list quickly.
2. Use a color coded master calendar. The colors will help everyone keep track of which activity belongs to which family member.
3. Make a bag of things to do for when you’re waiting. That way while your child is at a lesson or practice and you’re waiting you can get a few things done while you wait.
4. Coordinate appointments and schedules. Make all dentist appointments at the same time in the same location and get them all done at once instead of running to several different appointments at different places and dates.
5. Find the areas where you waste time frequently. Do you spend a lot of time looking for your keys in the morning? Make sure you make it a point to put your keys in the same place every night until it becomes a habit. 10 minutes a day equals two and a half days per year you could spend doing something else.
6. Have a basket or spot for each child to put the finish school papers, permission slips, communications from school that you need to look at. Be sure to put it in a spot that they can reach. Make this part of their coming home routine.