Ok moms, it is time for you – some much needed “me time.” The fact is that most moms do not get an adequate amount of “alone time” and often find that their confidence is lower than what it once was. It is all too easy for a mom to start to feel self-doubt and negativity, while being the cheerleader for everyone else in the family.
It is normal to feel those lows, but it is important that you have just as many highs. When your confidence soars, it will help you get through all the tough situations of the day and take it all head on. Here are six simple ways in which you can boost your confidence immediately:
- Keep those “best mom” awards – every time your child gives you a picture or “best mom” award, keep it. Put them in a place where you can quickly access them to view. It only takes one quick look at them to immediately feel like the best mom in the world! All of a sudden you will have the confidence you need to take on the rest of the day.
- Get dolled up – as a mom, we often do not take the time to get dressed up, put on makeup, do our hair, and more. It is important that you take the time to “feel pretty.” Whether you do it yourself or you take a spa day, it will give you the confidence to face the day head on.
- Exercise – exercise has been shown to release hormones that help with enhancing a positive attitude. This in turn can help with boosting your confidence. You will look and feel great after a good exercise. Whether it is yoga, Pilates, or a brisk walk outside, you will feel energized and fantastic!
- Sing it out loud – music has been shown to boost confidence and do great things for your mind. Put on that favorite song. Sing along or dance crazy! Music can help you feel powerful, have you smiling, and feeling great.
- Read motivational quotes – many moms find that reading a motivational quote or story everyday will help boost their confidence. Learning from others can help you succeed and learn from your failures. This will give you the confidence to keep going.
- Look in the mirror – look in the mirror every day and give yourself a compliment. Be positive, be honest, and smile. Tell yourself you are an amazing person and watch the smile form!
No matter how you are feeling, try any one of these, and you will find yourself relaxed, confident, and smiling! It is important to take care of yourself and give yourself positive reinforcement. You are worth it, because you are awesome. Tell yourself that every day!