I can be obsessive about my finances. I have always spent hours balancing my checkbook, tracking investments, creating monetary goals, designing budgets, researching ways to save money on products I already use. Several years I signed up for Mint.com and it changed the way I managed my finances. I go on my Mint.com account at least once per day. It helps remind me of my goals which motivates me to take all opportunities to make extra money as well as a reminder to avoid spending money needlessly. After becoming a full-time blogger, I also have my business on a separate account which keeps me motivated and always working toward the next goal!
Why Mint.com is perfect for managing your personal finances:
1. It’s FREE! That means there’s no risk to sign up!
2. Easy enrollment. It takes less than 5 minutes to register.
3. All of your financial information is in one place so you can see your assets, liabilities, and net worth at a glance.
4. You add every one of your accounts to your mint.com profile so every time you log in you have every account and it’s information automatically updated. You can see what’s happening with all your accounts–checking, savings, investments, retirement–at any moment of the day.
5. It lets you create budgets and track them. I love that it notifies me when I go over my budget in a certain area. It’s great to have a reminder when you don’t realize how much you’re spending!
6. It’s safe and secure! Mint.com has uses the same 128-bit encryption and physical security that banks use. Our practices are monitored and verified by TRUSTe, VeriSign and Hackersafe, and supported by RSA Security.
7. It protects you 24/7. Mint.com increases your financial security through email and text alerts that notify you about any large purchases or unusual changes in your accounts and more.
8.Mint.com is a well respected way to manage money. It has been a Money Top Pick, a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice, and they’ve won awards from Kiplinger’s, The Webby’s, CNN Money and more. It has over 6 million users.
Let me know, what service do you use to track your finances? Have you ever tried Mint.com?
For more personal finance tips posts click here:
Teach Your Kids About Money Using This Game – This game is so much fun but will teach you and your kids advanced financial concepts. Let me tell you, people were impressed when my son was discussing assets versus debt, balance sheets, and other ideas that most kids (and some adults have no clue about).
Money Making Moms (And Dads) – This is a new idea I cam up with when I decided I wanted a new way to serve YOU, my reader. I read an article that said most parents wish they could afford to have at least one, if not both parents home with them. Since I’ve been able to accomplish that, I want to help anyone else who longs to be a stay-at-home parent. You might want to bookmark this page because I will be constantly updating it AND I’m working hard come out with a step-by-guide on how to be home within a year.
Enter to WIN our latest giveaway – Enter to win, because every little bit helps your finances! 🙂