Halloween is right around the corner. I’m not going to lie, it’s my least favorite holiday. I don’t like scary things or candy or my kid prowling the street at night or other kids prowling the streets at night or the money I spend on a costume that will last a few hours. Now that my son is older, he likes to think he’s not going trick-or-treating…that is until his friends call and I have 15 minutes to come up with the costume of a lifetime. If you’re ever in that situation, or need a last-minute costume for yourself, here are a few DIY costumes that are quick and easy to throw together.
- Mummy – This has to be the easiest one. Wear as much white as you can like a white shirt, pants, and sneakers. Then wrap some toilet paper around your head and upper body. If you have extra time you can also use white face paint.
- Bag of jelly beans – Get a giant clear garbage bag and cut out holes for the arms legs. Once it’s on, add some blown up balloons of different colors. Tie up the clear garbage bag around the neck after filled with balloons.
- Scuba Diver – Wear all black. Spray paint a soda bottle grey and attach to your back for the air tank. If you have goggles, it’ll add tot he costume.
- Minions – From the movie Despicable Me. Wear a yellow shirt and black suspenders. Cut out two grey circles for their glasses and attach with black string or elastic.
- Cat – Wear all black. Add a headband with cut out ears. Draw some whiskers on your face.
- Ghost – Could it get any easier than this? Wear a white sheet. Done.
- Grapes – Attach purple balloons all around the costume. Put a cut-out of a green grape leaf on top of the head.
- Snail – Create a snail back by rolling up kraft paper. Twist the craft paper for the feelers.