Many of us find ourselves making goals to simply our life, but few actually achieve that goal. Why? Today’s lifestyle is one that is always rushed with most wanting quick and instant gratification. We sit back and dream of a simpler life, but seldom do what is needed to achieve simplification. As humans, we tend to get in our own way in achieving our goals.
Have you finally reached that point where you have had enough? Ready to get out of your way and simplify your life? Try these five ways to simplify your life:
- Detox – no we are not talking about doing a detox cleanse, but instead disconnect and detox yourself daily from all of the normal everyday happenings. Turn off all of your electronic devices, shut off phones, and simply sit back and reflect and relax. When you sit for an hour a day this way, with no distractions, it helps you to detox the negativity from your life. This time allows you to reconnect with you, your mind, body, and soul. You will find that you have more energy to get through the day after detoxing.
- Evaluate – it is important to evaluate your relationships frequently. Often times, when you evaluate your relationships, you will find there are people in your life that constantly bring you down. They suck your energy and make you feel bad about yourself and your life. You may not need to completely cut these people out of your life, but seeing them less will help. Surround yourself with people full of energy and positivity and you will mirror the same. When you are constantly around negative people, you yourself become mostly negative.
- Organize – now is the perfect time of year to organize and declutter your life. Spring clean your life, including your home, office, car, and personal baggage. Take the time now to clean out the unneeded and you will feel fresh and renewed with energy. If you have trouble getting things done daily, take the time to really think about a routine or schedule that makes sense. Write it down and stick to it.
- Friends and Family – explain to your friends and family why you are simplifying your life. Invite them to do the same. You will find that if you share your experience with others, not only will you have someone to talk to when things are tough, but you can share ideas. Boosting each other up will create some great energy and bonding.
- Lists – often times, most that create to-do-list have trouble staying positive. Why? Because they feel they are not completing enough off their list. It is ok to have a to-do-list so you do not forget about completing an activity, but instead create a want list. But things on your want list that make you happy and are stress-free. Complete an item on the to-do-list and then reward yourself with an item from the want list!
Maintaining a stress-free life is difficult for many. Simplifying your life can help achieve a stress-free life.