We all search for ways to make our lives simpler, happier, and healthier. As parents, we tend to put all of our needs aside while raising our children, and forget that there are ways to not only make us happier and healthier, but our entire families.
- Deep breathes – many say that living in the moment is the precious and the meaning of life, but it has been shown that practicing deep breathing exercises can help you both mentally and physically. So, sit down, relax, and breathe deep!
- Drink Water – it is imperative to your entire family’s health to drink fresh water daily. It will help to flush away toxins and helps to keep your brain sharp.
- Spend time with family and friends – it is important to embrace life and share it with those around you. Spend quality time having fun with your family and friends.
- Exercise – it is no secret that exercise helps produce endorphins that make you happy. So get out there and play chase with your kids, or knock a ball around.
- Live green – those that live a green life, find they are happier and healthier, for a variety of reasons. Start recycling in your home and see how it makes you feel.
- Sleep – so many people cut out sleep to try and fit everything in. It is important to your overall health to get the appropriate amount of sleep. If you are unable to sleep 7-8 hours at a time, then take naps!
- Turn it off – make an effort to turn off electronic devices for at least one hour per day. This will help you disconnect and recharge. Read a book, talk a walk, do something during that hour to benefit you.
- Gratitude – there is no better way to show gratitude then by volunteering or helping others. Make it a family affair.
- Laugh – laughter is often referred to as the best medicine. Laugh often!
- Brain – it is important that you exercise your brain just as you would your body. Read a book, do crossword puzzles, or play chess. Find things that challenge your mind, to keep it active and healthy.
- Declutter – eliminating clutter can have a profound effect on your entire family. Have a declutter day once every few months.
- Take time for you – learn to find the ways that help you destress. Get a massage, take a yoga class, or sit in a spa. Whatever you need, make sure to take the time for yourself often.
- Love – it has been shown that affection makes people happier and healthier – so show the love. Give a hug, hold hands, or a kiss on the cheek.
- Keep a journal – this is a great way to relieve stress and get your feelings out. Every age can have a journal.
- Diet – of course, eating a healthy diet is a great way to make you happier and healthier. When you eat healthy, your entire body will feel energized!
Copyright: tomwang / 123RF Stock Photo