One of my favorite bloggers, Vera Sweeney, posted an article 10 Things I Will Not Apologize For and asked others to do the same.
Here’s my list:
- I’m an overprotective mom. I used to try to pretend to be laid back and cool but now I just acknowledge the fact that I’m a crazy mom. People who know me know it very well:)
- I love Starbucks. I tell myself there’s no reason to spend $4 for a cup of coffee but Peppermint Mocha…I just can’t resist!
- Speaking of coffee, I am an addict. This is not a joke. I cannot function without coffee and if I don’t have one within an hour of waking up I get the WORST headache.
- I hate romantic books and movies. My friends always want to recommend romantic movies to me but I just can’t stand them. I like action flicks and psychological thrillers way better.
- I am an obsessive planner. My calendars, budgets, family menu, blogging posts, and social media goal sheets are color coded and organized by month, year, and 5 year timeframes. This is just a glimpse into my charts and lists and I won’t shock you with the rest.
- I’m not a big chocolate fan. I’ve never been able to take part when women talk about their chocolate cravings. I mean, I like chocolate if it’s there but if ‘m going to take in calories I’d rather have mashed potatoes or steak. Dessert just doesn’t do it for me.
- I have a hard time keeping my house clean. Some of my friend’s have SPOTLESS homes. I usually hustle outside to run interference when someone stops over because I won’t let them in my house. Now I don’t care anymore because I work full-time, run my blog, and spend most of my life bringing my son to practices and games.
- I am a shameless sports mom. I am absolutely obsessed with my son’s sports, particularly basketball. He plays on two teams and I love the game and even stay to watch practices. This weekend is a basketball tournament and I might be the only parent who is loving spending the entire weekend watching basketball.
- I love country and hip hop music. Everyone makes fun of me because these are my two favorite genres but really I love pretty much any kind of music.
- I swear. I never cuss on my blog or social media but in real life, I could make a sailor blush. I have tried to stop but honestly, if swearing is the worst thing I ever do than I’m doing pretty good.
Image credit: coramueller / 123RF Stock Photo